Steven Lauer has been a Virginia licensed attorney since 1990, after he was graduated from law school at William and Mary in Williamsburg. He worked with a premier divorce law firm in Fairfax after graduation and before moving to the Tidewater area in the late 1990s.
In addition to a long career as a lawyer, Mr. Lauer spent some time working as a computer programmer, working on systems for the US Air Force. His affinity for computers and programming led him to seek out the “latest and greatest” cloud-based technology when he opened Lauer Law.
Before founding Lauer Law, Mr. Lauer:
- Regularly represented clients in divorce, custody, and child support matters.
- Assisted victims of asbestos exposure in gaining compensation for their personal injuries.
- Advocated for clients in criminal cases in Virginia state and federal court.
- Spent years working in-house for a national finance company, advising it on compliance with consumer protection laws.
- Helped individuals plan for the orderly disposition of their estate, consistent with their wishes.
Mr. Lauer is married and lives in Virginia Beach. His children attended public school in Virginia Beach and college in Virginia.
1990, Juris Doctor, Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA.
1987, Bachelor of Science (Mathematics), Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA.